As a rare condition, Sanfilippo Syndrome has historically struggled to attract research funding from larger funding bodies. Our program aims to ensure that this devastating disease receives the research attention it requires and deserves.
Our Research Strategy:
- Aims to maximise the impact of the funds we invest, as we identify the research areas that promise to make the greatest scientific advances and have the most relevance for our families.
- Defines three focus areas: halt disease progression, repair damage and improve quality of life. We believe that investment in these areas is essential to bring desperately needed treatments to market.
- Offers research grants with applications assessed via a robust review process to ensure we fund the most promising research.
We plan to invest between AUD$500-700,000 in the program annually across four grant types:
1. Translational research grants
2. Incubator grants
3. Scholarships and fellowships
4. Travel grants
Download a full version of our Research Strategy
Research Focus Areas
Our Research Strategy will focus on 3 priority areas and our Research Funding Program will consider projects that address the following areas:
Note future funding focus areas may include: prevention (including pre-conception), diagnosis and prognosis.
The following principles underpin our Research Strategy and apply to each focus area.
Click to learn more about our Research Funding Program
For more information, email email@example.com