The purpose of the Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation is to drive research for a world without Sanfilippo syndrome.
This will be achieved by:
- Funding research which might halt progression of the condition, reverse damage caused or improve quality of life for patients with the condition;
- Providing clear, accurate and up-to-date information to diagnosed families regarding the disease, therapeutic avenues and current research programs;
- Raising awareness of the disease amongst the community, including the medical profession;
- Advocating for improved outcomes for the Sanfilippo patient community;
- Improving the diagnosis path - more accurate and earlier diagnosis to enable appropriate treatment.