A legacy or bequest can be the most important gift you ever give. By remembering the Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation in your Will, you are helping to enable a better quality of life for future generations of children born with Sanfilippo Syndrome.
"Two of my beautiful grandchildren have Sanfilippo Syndrome. Each of these children was born perfect and appeared to have the best start to life. But Sanfilippo is a degenerative disorder and health problems are developing month by month.
Of course the Sanfilippo Children's Foundation is included in my Will. I try to get everyone I know to do the same – to bequeath money to the Foundation." – Evelyn
How to leave a gift in your Will
Every child deserves a future and by leaving a gift in your Will, you are giving hope to children with Sanfilippo and their families.
We appreciate family and loved ones should always come first before a charity gift. We also believe it is an important step to talk to family and loved ones about your Will – to ensure your final wishes are carried out.
We've created a quick guide you can download below, explaining the steps to include a gift in your Will. In summary, the 3 main steps are:
1. Create your Will or update your existing one. Your Will is an important document that must be properly prepared and executed. We strongly recommend that you seek advice from a qualified professional when writing or amending your Will
2. Decide on the type of gift and the amount. There are four ways you can include the Sanfilippo Children’s Foundation in your Will, including a specific amount or percentage of your estate. For more details and the specific wording to include in your Will, download our quick PDF guide below
3. Communicate your wishes. It's an important step to talk to family and loved ones about your Will to ensure your final wishes are carried out. And do let us know as well. This way we can provide you with important documents to accompany your will such as our Deductible Gift Recipient Status, and we can honour your specific instructions for how your gift is used.
The Sanfilippo Children's Foundation is:
- registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC)
- endorsed as an income tax-exempt charitable entity
- endorsed as a deductible gift recipient
- endorsed for GST concessions
You can contact us anytime for further information:
P. 1800 664 878